Tip of the day

When grocery shopping: Always spend most of your time and money in the produce aisle! Herbs, fruits, and veggies give your body live energy and vitamins without extra carbs, calories, and preservatives! Not to mention they taste so much better!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Food for Thought

I just had a moment of enlightenment today. I realized I am an artist, and that cooking is my stress reliever. Just like an artist paints and draws, or a musician strokes the guitar, I create edible art that appeases almost all the senses! My efforts to create a masterpiece that smells amazing, looks artful, and tastes awesome satisfies the creative aspect of my brain. Not to mention, jamming to old jazz and blues while sipping on a glass of wine, are a perfect marriage. I immediately sail away on vacation to some country like Italy or France...sometimes I feel like I am in a movie. Sounds crazy, but it's amazing when you find something you love to do so much, it just becomes your outlet. In this chaotic world that makes it more difficult for anyone to find their place, I have found mine--the kitchen! The best part of it all is that I get to share this love with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment