Tip of the day

When grocery shopping: Always spend most of your time and money in the produce aisle! Herbs, fruits, and veggies give your body live energy and vitamins without extra carbs, calories, and preservatives! Not to mention they taste so much better!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Attempting to Conquer the Pork Chop!

Hello friends! Guess what I made for dinner? I am still brainstorming about the pork chops because those little guys are the biggest challenge for me. It is so hard to lean pork and keep it tender! I also had this strange orange cauliflower sitting in my fridge since last week! I had to use it today before it goes bad! Not sure about how it will come out until I actually DO cook, since I am always experimenting on the fly! Check this recipe I tried and watch me make it on my video! It was definitely a rush job, but it came out FABULOUS! I am not even kidding! My bf and I were completely stuffed on a meal with virtually no carbs! There was a small blunder in making the Cuban Cauliflower Mash, but it still came out delish. I will remember to leave out the milk next time.
Pork Chop in Blue Cheese Gravy w/ Spicy Cuban Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Ingredients
mojo marinade
adobo seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
4 thick cut pork chops
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 cup sliced peppers
1 teaspoon fresh chopped scallion
1 & 1/2 teaspoon of blue cheese dressing
Directions
1- Season and marinate chops prior to cooking and refrigerate if possible.
2-First saute onions and peppers with olive oil, then remove and save for later.
3-Then in the same pan melt butter, scallion, and garlic over medium heat. Then fry chops in butter until no longer pink and the juices run clear (about 20 min.). Turn only occasionally to evenly brown.
3-Once chops are thoroughly cooked, add cooked onions and peppers back in. Stir in blue cheese and mix around with the natural juices of the chops and onions. Cook on low heat for about 5 min.
Spicy Cuban Cauliflower Mash
Ingredients
1 large head of cauliflower (yellow preferably)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon butter
fresh chopped garlic
1 teaspoon adobo
black pepper
fresh parsley
Directions
1-Boil cauliflower for 15-20 min. or until very soft.
2-Strain the cauliflower then transfer them into a blender along with all the other ingredients.
3-Garnish with fresh parsley


No comments:

Post a Comment