Tip of the day

When grocery shopping: Always spend most of your time and money in the produce aisle! Herbs, fruits, and veggies give your body live energy and vitamins without extra carbs, calories, and preservatives! Not to mention they taste so much better!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cajun Style Shrimp with Rice

Hello my friends,

So sorry my recipes have not been posting as often as I would like. I do have a crazy schedule with night classes, a day job, and castings, so please forgive me.... Tonight I am in a rush since I have an 8:30 p.m. rehearsal so this meal needs to be quick and delicious. I decided to make this Cajun Style Shrimp dish that is supposed to take only 20 min. I found this great recipe on foodnetwork.com and after a little bit of tweaking of the recipe (shh!..I added shallots), I will cook and post pictures later! The videos take a lot of time to edit and post, so they will not come as often anymore. Needless to say, I will still post recipes with pics every week; and videos at least once a month! Please let me know your thoughts or opinions on the recipes or videos, or the site in general. Hugs and kisses to you all!

Cajun Style Shrimp and Rice
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 bunches scallions, chopped
  • 3 cups cooked white rice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
  • Lemon wedges and chopped parsley, for serving on top
Directions

Heat the butter, olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the Cajun seasoning and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp begin to curl, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the tomatoes and scallions to the skillet and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the rice and 1/4 cup water and continue to cook until the rice is warmed through and the shrimp are opaque, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve with lemon, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment